Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed up to the big green once again and boy was it packed!! There was no space to park at the last turn off before the damn. Don't count on being able to use the outhouse there as someone decided to blow ass all over the walls. Hit the ice a little after 8 and most spots I had in mind were already taken. So we headed out to one of the coves over by the damn. Had a hard time marking fish and couldn't find any really good structure. Pulled a few random fish through some holes ranging from 40-90. Lots of people were out in the channel fishing for kokes. Never had any come though where we were. Green tubes seemed to be the color of the day for lakers. Biggest one of the day was about 18 but with a gut that was about to bust. Left the lake around 2:30 and beat most of the slat rats back home.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
We were up there on Saturday and it was pretty much the same story.  It was far too busy towards the damn fishing along the channel.  We ended up sliding down the boat dock and out about 100-200 yards toward the parking lot.   We caught 10 or 11, but had to return a few because they were too small.  We did pull 1 koke up though, but he was the only one we seen. 

We used a variety of baits.  At first light we were fishing white tubes sucker tipped, but then it stopped hitting.  So  we moved on to the sweedish pimples, ( pink then orange, then green). . . . . nothing, then kastmasters, ice ants, and then grubs.   the only consistant action we saw was on an orange leadhead on a white grub w/ a fuzzy tail.  They really seemed to like that jigged 6' off the bottom.  They also were hitting orange powerbait on a bottom rig.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Noah,
How did the face feel? Ive been scared to go out into sun after friday at GM ... I still look like a skier tourist who has been home for a week bragging about his racoon eyes

I saw a guy fishin today in bear creek, morrison, got me fiendin.. almost hauled butt home & to get rod to go somewhere ... but face is still hurtin, was some very warm weather today & I can feel the bass comin .. i dont how you pulled it off last sunday ... an afghani head dress?

How often do you fish GM? ... when do you think the last "safe" day would be for icing

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The face is getting better but I was suffering from the same condition. I sat in my hut all day sunday to keep the sun off my face. I've been hitting up green mt quite a bit. Ice should last atleast through march, maybe part of april. temps at night are in the teens and single digits.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I hear you guys about the sun. One of the last times I went I remembered the sun screen but forgot the sunglasses. Ouch! My eyes hurt for a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts