Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I?m thinking of fishing Green Mountain Reservoir this weekend. Has anybody had any recent or springtime experience on this lake? I fished there years ago and was rather disappointed.

What's the ecology like? Is this more of a clear oligotrophic lake or a fertile eutrophic lake?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
the denver post says that it's fishing good right now(but who really knows) i believe that this lake is pretty clear and rocky on the bottom as ive never pulled much for weeds up there, some of the little bays have some weeds. when i've been up there ice fishing though all we saw with the camera was lots of big rocks on the bottom, we only went out to about 30 ft deep but there are lots of big lakers there . i caught a 10 pounder ther from shore a couple of years ago throwing a small black thomas boyouant. when we let her go she shot off back to the deeps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting. I'll probably drop by there and if it's slow, there?s always Williams Fork close by.

I also read on DOWs site that it?s good now but you can never really trust what they say either. I think they use the weekly report to try to move fishermen around for revenue or political areasons.

·
Registered
296 Posts
green mountain is always decent just knowing where to fish is the hard part on the lake. i fish it at least twice a month with good success nothing huge yet though, have had some runners than snap

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Quit horsin 'em,man! Thats what the drag is for!Just kiddin!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any particular areas you recommend for certain species in the spring. What depth should I try to fish at?

·
Registered
296 Posts
green mountian prime depth is 27 feet it may sound silly or **** but thats what it is the inlets are alway hot there are 4 of them that i know of thats where i would start the salmon are in the main channel try 40-80ft deep browns and rainbows every where

·
Banned
487 Posts
CatchAndRelease said:
That's interesting. I'll probably drop by there and if it's slow, there’s always Williams Fork close by.

I also read on DOWs site that it’s good now but you can never really trust what they say either. I think they use the weekly report to try to move fishermen around for revenue or political areasons.

There fishing reports are even BS. They lie, lie, lie, and lie to promote their own agenda.

·
Registered
296 Posts
well i know bill with master-bait and tackle and live 35min from the res and all i can say about the 28lb mac is stop by the store and check out the pics dow does bs alot of their reports though i do agree about that

·
Registered
296 Posts
yea you can float it. no huge boats though not yet anyway i would try to launch from the cow creek camp ground area, with the way the weather has been you can probaly launch just about anywhere you want it has been in the high 60s all week well not monday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts