Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and some buddies are going up to Green Mountain this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone did well up there this past week. 

I am new to this hardwater fishing.  From what I have read, it says that tubes tipped with sucker meat seems to be the key in the cow creek area.  Any luck with Kokanee over there?  And what size tubes have that "magical" influence on those larger lakers?  Colors?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
kokanee are fishing real well anything bright orange or pink tipped with a waxie in the channel , i like the bitsy 2 and half inch tubes in white with a chunk of suckermeat

good luck

·
Registered
253 Posts
We've been up the past two Saturdays and caught lots of lakers a little rainbow and a kokanee. On 2/19, most of the action was down at the bottom (145 fow), but on 2/26, most everything was suspended fishing the same depth, but finding the fish about 40-60 ft down. A sonar device was key.

We used mostly sucker meat and powerbait. I think the kokanee was caught on a microjig tipped with a waxworm and the rainbow was caught on a needlefish tipped with a waxworm.

Both days were really beautiful with almost wind. Bring the sunscreen.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot. I'll fill in the details on Monday.

Have a great weekend and tight lines for all.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well we caught a few up there, but it was very busy towards the damn. Only 1 koke though. But you werent lying, I forgot the sunscreen, and I will remember it for a few days. Everything below my eyelids is red. But what a great trip. Lots of fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts