Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the day off so i got up early to try to get some kokes at green mountain , fished for acouple hours no kokanee, they were definitely not running , caught some rainbows, then out of the blue i caught a 16 inch male koke on a silver with red flash in the middle kastmaster , fight real good, then i couldent get nothing after that , so i decided to drive to shadow mountain canal , ended up catching acouple kokes, and missed several hits

T

·
0 Posts
Hey KK-

Nice Report.

Is it tough to catch kokes from shore @ Green Mtn?

Tony

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not if you are snagging , i snag and jig , i dident see any kokes purposing so i just threw out a kastmaster and caught one koke , ill post some pics soon

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Were there a lot of people there at Green Mtn.? I'm sure it will be a zoo there tomorrow. I agree, the koke run has been disappointing there the last couple of years.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lake there was a decent amount of people , i suprised lots of people when i caught my one koke , then after i did i had acouple guys try to take my spot , thats when i left

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey KOK,
I'd love to see some pics of those fish after you filet them. Got any? How late in the year can you still catch fish that are in good enough shape to eat?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nutmug, i dont have any pics of the filets , there probley is afew weeks at the most for green mountain and shadow mountain kokanee, iam leaving to go back to the canal , ill give a report when i get back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts