Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skunk reports are always good, shows a guy he isn't always awesome. 8)Haven't fished a lot this year, work sucks, but pays the bills. maybe a year or two to retirement, then,..more skunks!
Fished GM with my son on 7/3. Travel up sucked. but, visions of mass quantity of lakers drove us on. Alas, water up. Did I mention up? All our spots, hot spots, (lower water), were now huge cliffs at shore. Water stained, little access to them. Tried 3 spots, no love from us laker crazy guys, (well, one stupid mac unbuttoned 3 feet from shore.) If you can't catch a laker at GM, should one sell all fishing gear on Craig's list? Nah, plenty of skunks and success maybe coming. The future!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
I can relate to your skunkability. Well, not me, but I've heard of such things happening to others-

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The lake pretty much doubled in size, no Rainbows stocked due to management issues, yah that lakes gonna smell for a while.
I'd try William fork instead.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lake pretty much doubled in size, no Rainbows stocked due to management issues, yah that lakes gonna smell for a while.
I'd try William fork instead.
Yeah, maybe. Know there is going to be no more stocking of kokanee at GM too. WF, well, limited success. A skunk or two at Chattie. Have had some success at Dillon in the evening for some very nice browns, and suckers, (free bait.)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah, maybe. Know there is going to be no more stocking of kokanee at GM too. WF, well, limited success. A skunk or two at Chattie. Have had some success at Dillon in the evening for some very nice browns, and suckers, (free bait.)
Pretty sure there is no stocking whatsoever planned at GM...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, well, Gm used to be one of my favorite lakes, up there with WF and the G. Hate to see it on the down-low. Dillon, well, potential. Could be a premier lake. Used to be. Now, a nice brown to me there is 18-20 inches. Back in the day, a 25 incher was a good fish, with many bigger. Shame. Don't want to start a battle, it is what is. Lakes prosper, they decline,they rebound.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Yep, no stocking of anything at all. And an open 8 fish limit on lakers.

It's an all taking, and no giving management scenario.
****..... my type of fishin!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts