Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
P I K E
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this season you can no longer shore launch your motorized boat at the Big Green Campground lot. This is the far north lot before the dam where we all unload our snowmobiles. They also tore down and graded over the restroom at that spot, lots of piles all over now evidently in protest from pissed fishermen. Also this season Green Mountain will be an invasive species inspected lake so you will only be able to launch boats from the main boat ramp at Heeney! A lot of changes for a lake they aren't stocking anything in right now so everyone needs to go elsewhere!!! :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,677 Posts
fine with me, id never put my boat on that craphole anyway.

·
P I K E
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
LMAO! But you'll put it on that sewer hole of a Crack! :thumb: but yeah, GMR is a Dead Sea so I wouldn't go there either if I was you! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
If they are serious about keeping other lakes clean of ANS, they would require mandatory decontamination of any boat leaving.

But I know they won't.

·
P I K E
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
someone with those same thoughts that illegally dumped the pike in there is partially why Ewert has shut down the stocking programs, he is trying to starve them out plus the over abundance of smaller Lakers.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
not sure about starving them out but just read a interesting article on how those big bad pike are targeting the native trout. trying to figure out which species behind that big concrete structure it was referring to.

·
P I K E
10,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I had a dream that Wayne Gustaveson was running the CPW here in CO.

Bass, perch, crappie and walleye in every mud puddle over 5 ac. :)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Sounds like there are plenty of suckers in GM, and any top of the line predator will be able to survive on those just fine. Seen some good lakers come out of there that aren't starving.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Thats one of the excuses but mainly so the biologist can perform his no Rainbow experiment while the shore anglers get screwed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts