Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Green Mountain on Sunday morning, fished about 200 yards off the boat ramp in Heeney. Caught a few Macks, lots of small ones and it died down about noon. Went over to Wolford for the evening bite and caught a few small stockers. I drove onto the lake and most guys I talked to just off the boat ramp were not doing so good. I was fishing in about 24 feet of water and at nightfall, I moved in to 10' feet. Dan at the bait shop in Kremmling mentioned straight across from the boat ramp was doing well so before it got too dark, I drove across the lake to scope it out for the morning and got stuck in the deep snow. While I shoveled my way out, my brother pulled a really nice fat 17" rainbow out of the hole I just left to go exploring.
Decided to go back to Green Mountain in the am and fished about 100 yards off the parking lot that goes down to the lake on the north side. The snow was packed down pretty good and it was a easy drive with four wheel drive but not too sure how a car would do, although one guy with a Volkswagon was down there. I caught and marked a lot more lakers on my Vexilar than I did the morning before on the other side of the res. The guy in the Volkswagon said Kokes are still going nuts and he had been limiting out every morning before noon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts