Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the ice at GM?                                                                                                      Thanks, Shannon

·
Registered
76 Posts
Drove by there yesterday(12/15). There were a couple guys fishing. Don't know how thick it was, but they were still on top.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Fish Big said:
Does anyone know about the ice at GM?                                                                                                      Thanks, Shannon
Was out today on the north end. Walked about 500 yards toward the dam and 75 - 150
yards out from the shoreline. Drilled maybe 20 holes at various locations and it was a solid
5 inches everywhere. About 4 inches of fresh snow on top. Saw 4 others on the ice today.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I was at Green Mtn with GMCO45 on Sunday. Nobody was further out than we were from what I could tell. The deepest water we were over was 60 feet but the ice was still the same there as it was near to shore, a solid 5 inches. I really couldn't tell you if it's safe over the middle or not, but with the cold week ahead I'm sure the whole lake will be good by the weekend.

P.S. I did see the kokes come through a few times 20-40 feet down over 60 feet of water if kokes are what you're after. I'm sure a good pop gear presentation on a jigging machine would have gotten them to stick around for a while. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts