Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is full, there is alot of water in there and alot of submerged brush and some real healthy weeds growing around the inlet area. started trolling 6am and got a few closer to the surface until the sun came up on taz devil and silver casty, then all of the action was either right up next to the shore at the mouths of coves on the west side around inlets or suspended 15' down about everywhere else, got into those by adding leadcore and pop gear with panther martin to the spread, did not mark any fish any deeper than 30', so no attempt at macks, all kokes and rainbows, nothing over 18", but definately can be a numbers game, 20+, spent the whole day around the inlet until it rained slush and lightning at about 3pm, then back to 100 degree Denver!

F

·
0 Posts
I think green mountain is a great place to fish . but have any of you fished the pond across the street from the silverthorn elementry school ...wow talk about big fish Im not a very good flyfisherman but i try like hell . I was in the parking lot watching this old guy with a beard fish he was catching fish left and right and all were over 5lbs . It took me a couple trips but i finally got into a few the biggest was pushing 26 inches

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right on for the tips BB, wanted to finish somewhere in your direction but the storm came up from Kremmling, so figured it would only be a matter of an hour or so till it caught up with us, next time

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Fishing Guitars,

What lake is it? I did a map search and found these lakes new Silverthorne Elementry. Pff of Highway 9 north of the town of Silverthorne and Dillon Reservoir correct? Might be going up to Dillon this weekend would like to check out this local small pond....When is the last time you went there?

·
Registered
296 Posts
the only times that i fish that pond is during ice fishing or ice out and your right there are some huge hogs in there. its a "fly and lure catch and release lake" a fly guys dream small and lots, lots of huge fish my personal best is two 24 in 5lb fish one on christmas morning and one on new years morning have seen fish that will break the 10 lb mark tough lake to fish deepest point is 26 ft suggest that you bring a belly boat or some type of kick boat lures the smallest things that you can throw. flys scuds and right know the green drakes and mosquitoes are going off
eric
oh yea iron chef no problem on the tips any time

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Can someone confirm via the map I posted above which lake it is. There are several small ponds in the area? Even post the name if you know it? Has anyone fished it in the Summer? What flies or lures work best?....Thanks

TH

F

·
0 Posts
i think its one ....when you pull up there is a porta potty and a little tiny building with the rules on it ..catch and release flys and lures only .....the the school is across the street its looks like a brand new school . I did pretty good on my own version of a wooly booger .

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
if it is the lake I am thinking about you can see it off of Highway 9 and by the looks of it it does not look too deep? How do the fish get so big in there? Winter kill (Ice skating ring on top of lake)?

·
Registered
296 Posts
the lake is 26ft deep fed by natural springs and mad scuds and the name of the lake is the silverthorne town lake the other lakes that you see on that map most are private

·
Registered
296 Posts
no worrys the dow manager for this area said that they dumped a good number of 5-10 lbsers 3 years ago so all they have to do is grow even more

·
Registered
47 Posts
so any reports on this silverthorne town lake? I would like to catch a nice rainbow. All they have in texas is 10 inch stockers that will die if they are not caught. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts