Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little late but iced Green Mountain with my wife for the first time ever this past Saturday. Fished from about 0730-1330 hours in 100 fow of water just north of the Heeney boat ramp. Ice was a solid 12 inches. Immediately started pulling out lakers off of white tubes with sucker meat. Bite slowed down and started to catch one about every hour. Only moved once about 20 yards south. Fish were on the bottom and suspended up to 40 feet. Caught about a dozen 14-16 inchers and missed probably twice that many. When the wife said it was time to go to beat the ski traffic, I started to slowly bring up my jig and noticed a fish on the flasher would follow it but never hit it. When I got it up to about 20 feet, BAM! he nailed it and the fight was on. Ended up being a 25 incher which I guesstimated to be between 5-7 lbs. My personal best which I released after snappin a photo. This totally made the trip worth it. We only fished with two rods so probably could have caught more.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What can I say James? Two jobs and a wife now equals very little fishing. Oh the benefits of being single but I wouldn't trade her for nothing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts