Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to hit the kokes for one last ice fishing trip for the year , i caught 25 kokanee , released 20 and kept five , 13 to 15 inchers , it was real good at 6 in the morning till about 9 then they dissapeared and i never caught anymore, there was a decent amount of people on the lake also

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
wow were did you catch all those kokes? i was there from 6am till 11am but i was over by the dam. was alone till about 8am.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was in the channel to the right of the boat ramp , i also have been using my jigging machine , i think it keeps um in the area for awhile

·
Registered
85 Posts
Out of three different trips of targeting Kokanee and kokanee only at Green Mountain I caught 100+ kokes without a jiggin machine. I think if you fish alone, a jiggin machine would make the difference because nobody else is with you to keep the fish's attention. When i go with my friends 1` of us always tries to keep a jig down there just to give the fish something to entertain them and keep them down there, while the others return their fish and rebait thier hook.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah , its not uncommon to catch 30 kokanee or more a day at green mountain if you are fishing in the right area , every time i go i use my jigging machine no matter how many people are with me

·
Registered
8 Posts
where would you send a first timer to green mountain on the ice?..is the ice still good?...i am an elevenmile guy that is looking for one last ice trip somewhere different...what would you use?...i would be up for meeting someone sat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
(lake trout) White tube jig+sucker meat+ beer

(kokanee) sweedish pimple any color / mealworms optional+beer

(bows) optional micro jig and or meal worm + beer

The key is not to forget the beer... or the uhhh.... I forgot :D O0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts