Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to Green Mountain since the ice came off?  How has the fishing been up there?  Any reports would be appreciated.  I am heading up there on Monday with the boat.  The ice is completely off I hope?  

Thanx for any info    ;D ;D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Went by there a couple weeks ago on my way to Wolford - it was real low. I'd make sure you're able to get a boat on before you get up there. The Macdonald flats ramp was well out of the water. The only bet might be the marina owned by the Melody Lodge folks and that one is makeshift...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That melody lodge ramp. Do they allow the public to launch from it? I have never put a boat on Green Mountain and would like to try it out. I have only ice fished it. I would like to get the boat out there with the fish finder and see what the lake looks like at several areas. Good info for next ice season. Also would like to see if I can't find some bigger lakers than the ones I caught out of there ice fishing it this year.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I called the marina and the lady said that all boat ramps are open and yes the water is low but you can launch and the fishing has been good off the boats. I am going to try it on Monday and will report any success or lack there of. Anyone on here fish it recently?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up not going to Green Mountain. Went to Union and Chatfield instead. Fished Union from 8am-12pm, got skunked. Used crawdad tails and musells. Went to Chatfield and fished from 2pm-8pm and got skunked again. Used worms. I think I have been cursed this year. Have not done much good since ice-fishing. Oh well still nice to be out fishing. Might try to go hit Green Mountain next week. If anyone is interested in going on Monday or Tues. of next week let me know. We'll take my boat and split the gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts