Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking to hit is Saturday, but I'm not sure I want to fish in 18" of snow covering 12" of slush on top of 24" of ice...just curious if anyone's been up there recently and knows current conditions. Feel free to PM, too ;D

·
Banned
553 Posts
Have fun. They got that metering setup at the tunnel. Was all over the news, took people 5 hours from silverthorne to the top of the tunnel last weekend.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys - meh, what the hell. Beats metro ice fosho. We'll see...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
We got more snow. Aside from deep snow, slush, thick ice, and poor road conditions, wind has been a thwarting factor.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
You could always borrow Golden Knob's sheepherder boots!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Have fun. They got that metering setup at the tunnel. Was all over the news, took people 5 hours from silverthorne to the top of the tunnel last weekend.
That wasn't the reason why it took 5 hours on Saturday..... Lololol

·
Registered
838 Posts
course cdot could always turn i-70 into a toll road and turn it over to some private outfit to run for the next 50 years.
That's because people cry too much when they have to shed some tax money. Road construction cost a lots. Which alternatives do you like? Pay some extra tax or pay toll for the next 50 years. On the side note, CDOT Chief of Engineer had resigned a few weeks ago. Wonder if it has to do with the US 36 issue.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, not much to report as far as fish. Traffic was fine, and Heeney road was completely clear and dry. Roads down to North boat ramp were fine. Got on the ice later than I wanted, around 9:30am.

~24" of ice, about 10" of slush, and about a foot of crusty snow on top. Slushed my way out a ways, and set up in around 80 FOW. Marked a few fish coming off the bottom to look at my 3" glow white tube jig with a chunk of smelt - no takers. Also tried a smaller 1.5" jig with smelt, and hooked a smaller mack. Also tried my glow dot pk flitterfish in various sizes. A few more lookers, but no takers.

Tried in about 40 FOW for a while, but didn't mark any fish. Saw a guy further out catching a few eaters, but not much action.

Slow, slushy day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts