Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green Mountain is full! The southern boat ramp is closed. People are shore lauching in the normal spots. The southern and Heeney ramps are all fine. I was suprised how few boats were on the lake fishing. The lake is 58-62 degrees, with a lot of crud in the water especially the southern end. We trolled for 4-5 hours focusing on finding Kokanee. We caught 2, lost two at the boat, lost 2 that broke light line, caught 2 rainbow and lost a third at the boat, caught a brown, and caught a laker. We tried jigging for lakers in the afternoon a couple hours, had several on but we didn't get any more into the boat. I had fun and was happy with the results, I feel like I learned something not having fished the lake for 5 years.

Terre

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I was waiting to see this report and a good one it is.. Sounds like you had a good day!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A nice day?

The Kokanee and the brown made for a tasty dinner last night. We had some of the leftovers with breakfast today, and we had Terre's trout cowder tonight, followed by marinated elk roast. Yeah, I think you are right 1eyered, it was a good day of fishing.

Terre

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Fish followed by Elk roast.. Now that's an outdoors person! Right on!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Right-on Terre,

Not bad Terre way to go. Time for me to start getting out again.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts