Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to green moutain to day cought my limit in a matter of hours hitting hard on pink ,and green Gypsies with sucker meat white tube jig with sucker meat and air planes
about eight inches of ice
your fellow fisherman

Kastmasta

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Lakers? Trout? Kokanees?
How deep were you fishing?
Sounds like a great day!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
My daughter and I also went to Green Mountain today. We got to the lake at 8:30, fished for 3 hours and caught about 25 lakers 14-20 inches. Samantha (8) got the first fish, and proceeded to catch 10 or so more, we were neck and neck on the "most" category until the the very end when she quit fishing to play with the dog. Thats when I went to work padding my tally to finally end up with the "most". I caught the smallest and the biggest. The water tempurature was a balmy 32 degrees in case anyone is interested. 53 - 58 feet of water. As mentioned before there was 8" of ice.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Talo what were you 2 using?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
ePic,

Standard laker fare, white tube jigs and a,,,,,,,,,,,,um,,, minnow pieces. I got a few hits on Chartrusse while my daughter iced 3 fish, I may be blonde.... but she is too,,,, so I switched to white.

Catfishking, I saw people to the north of us around the dam end and to the south of where we were, off the "black cliffs" - about equa distant. We were on the east side of the lake.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Talo,

We missed seeing you out there. Sounds like you got the better deal - more fish and bigger.

We fished next to Kastmasta and BS'd with him for a few minutes. Don't believe him - he didn't catch anything - we caught them all. Just kidding we were all catching fish - but NO 20inchers.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan,

Old school, film, I will develop them tomorrow. I got Samantha a digital for Xmas, and she left it at home!

Ter

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Dan,

Old school, film, I will develop them tomorrow. I got Samantha a digital for Xmas, and she left it at home!

Ter
Might be a good thing... Mine fell out of my pocket at 11 mile and almost went right down the hole. becareful. :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
How does that work with a digital camera? Do they freeze up? Are they ruined if they freeze up. Sorry for stupid question but I've never fished on ice before.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Grandpa said:
How does that work with a digital camera?  Do they freeze up?  Are they ruined if they freeze up.  Sorry for stupid question but I've never fished on ice before.
Usually batteries die very fast with a digital cam in the cold, i know this from snowboarding. DO NOT GET CAM WET
Keep extra batteries in a pocket where its warm, my camera was ice cold when we left Jefferson today, but still works fine ... check out our fish pics from today, is posted

·
Registered
935 Posts
Always keep your camera, and anything else with batteries in an inner pocket of your jacket or coat, or you'll be sorry.  Alkaline, NiCD, NiMH, batteries are especially affected by cold temps, and lithium are also somewhat affected.  You have another problem with cameras, too.  The capacitors that store the charge used to fire your flash do not peform as well at cold temps, and this can affect how much power your camera uses, too.  Best to keep it warm, pull it out and shoot quickly, and put it away again. Or, you could rig an external battery pack with lots more power, so even at cold temps there will be enough life to shoot a bunch of pics.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
My camera reported over 200 mins of charge left by the end of the day at the 11mile outing... This camera is the only digital that I have owned that doesnt seem to drain the batteries when off. Its a Sony Cybershot DSC-P200, I'm very impressed with it.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
still no pictures,,,,

I dropped the kids off at the airport this morning, longest dang lines I have ever seen... They missed their flight because of it, thus I sent my whole day at the @##$%^ airport!

ePic, I got Samantha a Nikon 4600 - it uses AA batteries - I think it will be ok in the cold. My cell phone doesn't like cold though - its always dead afterwards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts