Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit gm today from 7 to 4.got 20+ macs and lost just the same.got 1 koke,hooked him a foot below the ice with sucker meat which was odd.the ranger was out checking peeps.he let me know the new limit on macs was 8.looks like they are trying to get the koke pop back up.the ice was clear 8 incheswith about 1"of snow on it.fished in 83' fow.the fish that were marked on the bottom where light bitters.most fish that i got i marked at 50fow then i would reel up and they would hit right away.btw gas is cheaper up there go figure

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Lots of skinny macs in there the past few years. Raising the limit is a great idea -- fishing for the bigger macs should eventually improve also. :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
kusyurdaddy said:
Was also out today to. Was in the red hunt. We also did good.lost alot great work yo
You were out there yesterday Ku??? We were too! LOL You were right in front of the parking lot, right? We were the group west of ya'll! We did pretty good...finally found the macks....we were popping most of our holes with a 6" hand auger--ice was around 8 inches of solid, clear ice. No kokes or 'bows this time.

Not as many dinks as usual...we caught a few in the 17-19 inch range. Not a bad day UNTIL we got on I-70!!!!! Took us a bit over four hours to get back to Lakewood. Crap!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
yea that was us yo. dam i knew it was u guys. in the subi. dam yo u guys did good also. we did the same. i swa u guys drilling like crazy by hand yo. u should of came and got the gas augar. good to c u guys out there also. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts