Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We fished Green Mountain today. The best day of ice fishing we have had. Limited out on koks, six bows and a mac. All caught on a variety of offerings. Spoons and kastmaster fished at 20-25 feet worked the best. Fast action when we got on the ice 9:00 to 10:30, slow until noon, then it was constant. We fished at the dam end of the lake half way across. All the trout were in the first two hours. Watch out for the fox. He snuck up on us and almost got away with a koke.

I

·
0 Posts
Very Nice Shaun... Did you guys have a blue shelter, and what time did you guys stay till.. Do you have a Vexlar??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a black shelterand stayed until 2:30. No electronics just luck and a topo map. I cleaned six of them at the lake and the fox was more than happy with the guts and heads. Last time I saw him he was heading toward another ice house. I could have swarn he had blurb above his head that said " okay, were is the next sucker"

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are in the brine, getting ready for the smoker this afternoon. Their time in the freezer will be short lived.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Looks like a great day on the ice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts