Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished just 75 yards out from the boat ramp on Saturday and in 100 ' of water , saw some Kokes come through on the finder when 1st got there, then disappeared, caught 1 , then rest of day worked on the lakers @ 100' down, used orange power bait and orange jig head with white tube and sucker meat, caught 7 and 7 got off. They where hitting good all day. All in the 16 to 22 inch range. A few people out mostly by the dam, but not overly packed. Snow was easy to walk on. Great day overall ! Nice lake to fish on, but bad access. If you have a ATV or snowmobile you got it made, if not bring a sled and prepare for some walking.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Sounds it still has good ice - would you expect it to be good in a couple of weeks?

·
Registered
166 Posts
There should be good ice for quite a while. Lows a night are in the single digits and the ice is atleast 18+ inches thick right now.

CRAIG-Which boat ramp were you guys off?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the west ramp , it was a good decline and incline on that ramp to be walking up and down , next time i go back i will use the east side access.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I was out there with craigknws2 and here are some pics to show you the conditions out there.

It should still be iced up in a few weeks.    ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts