Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new at ice fishing and am going to Green Mountain this weekend. Anyone have ideas for what to use and where to fish?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
White or glow in the dark tubes, tipped with sucker meat or shiners, along ridges and humps in 50-60 FOW.

C

·
0 Posts
I've had good luck down the road that leads to the dam. There's a turn off on the left side that is rather steep that leads directly to the lake. It's like a boat ramp area but isn't.. At the base head in the direction of the inlet basically straight out about 75 yards and start fishing in 35 fow. Then work your way out from there to deeper water. Good luck and remember to post your results!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Glow & White, I agree w/ Epic, one thing I would suggest is a heavy leader, Scubapig and I had on 6lb and got snapped a few times, the lakers have sharp teeth. Good Luck, let us know I cant go this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Chief Nocatchum said:
Glow & White, I agree w/ Epic, one thing I would suggest is a heavy leader, Scubapig and I had on 6lb and got snapped a few times, the lakers have sharp teeth. Good Luck, let us know I cant go this weekend.
I use 8-10lb Vanish seems to work good for me.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I'm going tommorow 1-13-06 and if any one had specific spots that would be appreciated or general area. I want to try for lakers just bought the last LX-1 at sportsmans $150.00. Read the one post for location above but i will have my little boy with me tommorow and it needs to be fairly easy access ( I sure am asking for alot sorry)- Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
45-50 fow seems to be the hot ticket.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Trout - the res. boat ramp that I go in at is not the easiest access but it is the only place I know. If the snow is deep it can be a hard pull on the way back. If I could get a flasher for $150 I would buy it now, sounds like you got a great deal. I am going to call Sportsmans today and see if they have some at another location. I used a Vexalar for the first time last Sunday...(I borrowed it) It is awesome. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Cheif thats the spot I went in at today and almost had a heart attack going up the hill coming out. Good spot but they sure have some skinny macks in green mountain. Still alot of fun. Also the marcum worked great. I never been a big electronics guy and assumed I did as well as anyone off gut instincts but boy was I wrong.I was fishing 90' and caught at least 12 suspended at 70 to 50 and would of never known they where there without the flasher. I've never fished more then a foot off bottom for macks until today. See a mark reel up and wack fish on

·
Registered
935 Posts
Trout said:
See a mark reel up and wack fish on
That's my favorite part about the fishfinger, but when you can see the fish, get your jig near them, and they won't take it... the frustration is even greater than when you have no finder and just aren't getting a bite!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Green Mountain was a no go. We went to 11-mile instead to try for some Kokes. Caught a few on orange sweedish pimples. Hoping to get out somewhere this weekend though. Thanks to everyone on the input for Green Mountain though. Maybe I'll try there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts