Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New to this forum. Have looked on here from time to time.
looking to fish Green Mtn for Lakers but am asking where to go on the Lake.
Have never fished for them thru the ice. Have new sonar so kinda want to give it a try in some deeper water. Thanks Randy

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Heeney boat ramp....easy access, parking, shitter... Best place for newbs. Been practicing your hook set?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We were up there last week. I pulled a couple of usually round Lakers, normally kind of skinny, abut 16 inches. We were in 100-120 ft, right on the bottom, my vexi 20 didn't see them but they were there. I used 1 aught treble hook, 4 inch glow in the dark tube jig and some sucker. Tight lines.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The river bed going through GM is a pretty good canyon, get a topo and focus on the edges of the canyon.Don't try the shitter at the boat ramp. It will be locked and most likely someone has released a wrinkled neck brown trout nearby. If you must, get it done at Kum and Go in Silvy.Beware on weekends, Parking is not good down on the ramp and it has a couple tight down hill switchbacks and gets slippery when it snows.
If you catch one over 20 inches, please release it. All data shows that there are very few big ones in GM. The big ones are no doubt a vital benefit to the fishery. Search the archives on this site about GM and you will see the proof
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts