Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Greenback Cutthroat Trout is our states fish......in your humble opinion, what other fish might make the cut for being Colorado's poster child species?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Not a Native anymore now its a Hybrid, might as well be a Rainbow as thats what gets stocked the most unless you want to make it a Squawfish, lol.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the consensus surrounding premier fishing here in colorado? I'm thinking of the differences between our state and the next.......the rainbow is aggressively stocked yet maybe what I was more curious about was the species in Colorado that an angler shouldn't overlook? In other words, what would you say our states poster predator species is?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walleye, Pike, Lakers? This awesome discussion surrounding our states best predator is blowing up lol....... you'd think it was an easy enough question but maybe trout is king....... by no means is colorado a walleye or pike paradise or a bass hotspot........ we do have a good variety a species for anglers although what is our top predator? To be honest I'm surprised no one has something to say.........

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wiper. Because it's one of the strongest lb for lb, tons of fun and there's actually a possibility of a world record here in co.
Got to love Colorado Mack's :) although wiper are Colorado's blue fin tuna....... which species do you think is our states top predator in comparison to say........ just the states that surround us? Not to start a tussle over why we like to fish a particular species only looking for that fish that an angler thinks of when considering our top predator here in CO.....Mackinaw I would think :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've asked four times and gotten like two answers so I don't think anyone really cares
This is an example of a guy who has nothing better to do.......... whomp is bored......... go fishing mang! Even further........... you said wiper whomp...... don't think that's Colorado's poster predator.........try again grasshopper :)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Greenback cutt is cool...
they are cool fish. Kinda rare and were really rare for a bit.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Had a customer get this native out of Dillon last week. I explained to him that he was a very lucky dude to catch it.

Same kid got a nice Loch Laven brown which are some bad ass predators that nobody in this thread has mentioned.

Look at the set of jaws!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm cool with cuts as the state fish. Yeh, we messed up everything once we got her, but there was a time when the cuts were unique to Colorado.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts