Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started at the dam and than headed to the boat ramp. THERE IS NO ICE ON GROSS!!!!!! there were a few people fishing at the boat ramp and a few cars parked in the lot. if any of you guys hiked up to the inlet let me know how it was. oh yea we didn't catch any fish

·
Registered
26 Posts
God I hate that dam place. I iced it three times last year with nothing to show for it. It's got to be the windiest place on earth to boot. I did get a few bows at the inlet a few weeks ago though.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Love it, hate it.,,that's Gross. I've had that feeling for years. Hope it freezes up soon. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see some but not that many. you will see more at evergreen than you will there. a guy i know got a nice one there last year but none of the recent

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
vahillbilly said:
i see some but not that many. you will see more at evergreen than you will there. a guy i know got a nice one there last year but none of the recent
Pic or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Thanks for the report, I was wondering if it got a lid. I think a couple of years ago it never really iced up, just some ice on the inlet side of the lake. And everytime I've iced it there was open water close to the dam.

vahillbilly said:
i dont post pics of any big fish anymore.

Why is that?

If I caught a big fish up there I'd post it and probably even name the lake, like everyone said a large muskie out there is a one in a million deal....

TANGLER said:
vahillbilly said:
Pic or it didn't happen.

X2...I've seen three muskie pics from Gross over the years, one was on the ice. The other two were open water, one was in a magazine a girl caught it on a twenty year old crankbait I think. And the other pic was posted here, and not to call anyone out but the fish didn't look that good in the pic, maybe just exhausted from the fight, but the thought did cross my mind that it might have been a dead fish someone found ::)...I also talked to a guy who lived close to there who told me he had caught two muskies it there over the years {I did believe him, it didn't sound like bs}. A couple of years ago I was going up there quite a bit and I saw muskies a few times. One of them was real nice size, there others were probably under ten pounds so chances are those smaller ones still have some years of life span left at this point. From what I've seen considering the size of the lake, and how much of the lake I've actually fished, I'd say there's a pretty good population of tigermuskies in there {even though they are clearly not caught very often}. I will also point out that although the lake trout seen up there tend to be very skinny the tigers I've seen from there are just the oposite, very fat and healthy looking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not caught a big musky in Colorado just a few small ones. All of my big musky came from back east. The reason I don't post any big fish photos is that I get tired of the haters on here. Allot of people cannot just say congratulations!!! They start making accusations of photo shopping or say that is an old photo. I have a group of friends that I fish with and I will show or send them the photos but I will not share with everybody. I will post if people are asking about a lake or if I know there has not been a post in the last few weeks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
What was the water level at Gross. I have done real well on the back side of the boat ramp. I have seen some very large Muskie on that side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1/15

On Saturday checked out Gross from the dam. Ice in some coves, ice piled up at the dam as a result of the wind. Majority of the lake open water. No safe ice for ice fishing.

Did not check out the lake at Osprey. Unless we get a good cold spell there will be no ice fishing this year.

The water level was 39 feet down (from high water) on 1/13. See link below to get water elevation for reservoirs managed by the Denver Water Board.

http://www.denverwater.org/SupplyPlanning/WaterSupply/ReservoirLevels/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts