Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Braved the wind at Gross today, but without results. No bites or fish sadly, but boy what a difference a week and a half makes. The southern end of the lake is ice free mostly, with some huge chunks floating around. The north end is open also. I fished south of the south side parking lot in some deep water for about 2 hours. I tried every spinner and rapala type lures I had, no dice. Also had a nightcrawler on the bottom and then floated it under a bubble with no hits, although it'd be tough to tell with the freaking wind. This lake truly has me stumped, which sucks since it is very close to me (15mi.) anywho, I'll probably get back out there if the weather stays decent. PM if you can give me some tips on location or baits or if you want to maybe me up there sometime.... tight lines~

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i use slip bobbers there, i caught some spawning salmon awhile back there , the key was a pink jig with a wax worm or meal worm , ive yet to be skunked at gross , i fish by the dam

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rob. You should try what I did when I went last Saturday. A small orange Ratso (which can be found with the ice jigs) under a very small slip bobber about seven feet down tipped with a tiny piece of cocktail shrimp. The fish I were catching weren't hitting very hard and were not out very far either and very persistent. Try south of the southern most parking lot and don't be afraid to walk. This is all they wanted to bite when I went. I tried the same jig in blue, glow, and pink and they didn't want it. I have been to Gross about six times this year and last week was the only time that I have caught fish but all the others I fished strictly for muskie. Good Luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lol gotmuskie, i figured out what your sig was. A fish being chased by a bigger fish lol. As u can tell, im not the brightest fish in the bowl!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was at Gross 12-28 from noo till 230 on the north side by the boat house. Caught one stocker, bout 12" and one cut-bow about 14". Gold kastmaster thrown close to shore, more like where the wind took it. Only saw one other couple, east of the boat house. Does the wind ever quit up there?

L

·
0 Posts
Hell No!!! The wind whips through there from end of Nov. through early March! Even then we went up every weekend sometimes three times aweek and we had wind every time we went out on the rafts from may to Sept. Planning on hitting it up this morning to get the big boys staged for the ice!!! Will post how we do when we get back just headidng up for a couple hours to use up some other suckers we didn't use yesterday!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts