Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally get to make a report! Went with a friend who recently got a couple inflatable Hobie kayaks that are propelled by pedal power. Those were really cool. Allowed for hands-free fishing. Tried jigging for macks with tube jig and sucker meat in depths ranging from 40-90 feet, NADA! Friend caught one small mack trolling a worm behind cow bells. Made our way to the inlet where I tried a number of things but got the most success using salmon eggs under a bobber. Caught several but only two rainbows were decent at 17 & 18." It was nice to finally get to go fishing again. It has been too long. Ended up with a sunburn and sore back for a day but totally worth it. Great way to spend a birthday!

·
Banned
553 Posts
Hell yea man. Anyday on the water is better than the couch. Rig your vex up and just cruise with bottom lock till you mark :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell yea man. Anyday on the water is better than the couch. Rig your vex up and just cruise with bottom lock till you mark :)
I actually tried that. I had my Vex out there. Maybe I didn't try long enough or don't have proper experience using it in open water where there is movement going on. Over 90' of water I marked two fish at 50'. Reeled up to them but got no takers.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I finally get to make a report! Went with a friend who recently got a couple inflatable Hobie kayaks that are propelled by pedal power. Those were really cool. Allowed for hands-free fishing. Tried jigging for macks with tube jig and sucker meat in depths ranging from 40-90 feet, NADA! Friend caught one small mack trolling a worm behind cow bells. Made our way to the inlet where I tried a number of things but got the most success using salmon eggs under a bobber. Caught several but only two rainbows were decent at 17 & 18." It was nice to finally get to go fishing again. It has been too long. Ended up with a sunburn and sore back for a day but totally worth it. Great way to spend a birthday!
Inflatable hobie kayaks? Need details... Didn't know they made inflatables...

·
Banned
553 Posts
Its cause you wernt using the Miracle bait!!!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
However you can get off the bank is a good way to cover water. Never heard of trolling cow bells from a Kayak, that had to be interesting 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will go with my ATAK 140 any day. You never see a HOBIE BACK AWAY From the fish lol. 1 little stroke of the paddle and I can back up and not drift on top of the fish. But yes sir KAYAK FISHING IS FUN
KAYAK 007.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hobies new 180 drives have reverse. Pedal in reverse!!!
They do? And how much is that since a Hobbie is what 5 grand? I will just put a MinKota on mine for now. The 1 thing I do know about inflatables is they seem to find the most inopportune times to not be a inflatable. I am a old Udisco owner I know!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts