Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off, ..should have went elsewhere, ..but after the time some small business matters were attended to,..decided to try to beat the Gross grossness, as frequent visiters to this deep lake can relate to. What a hit or miss lake,..mostly miss,.but I gave it a good shot. Fished from 1pm to 5pm, in a place with deep dropoffs (which isn't that hard to find. ;D).
Tricked 3 lake trout on a white tube, and (sh-h-h), a rainbow on a kasty. No sign of kokanee. Water level a little low, but nothing like last year.

What a great lake! It's ok. 8)

Ever seen Gross this calm?

Saw my first turkeys ever in Colorado, and I have bow hunted for close 30 years!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
macman said:
Glad you got out/got into a few.Any elk steaks?
Thanks, Clay. No, the elk were smarter than me this year, and they won. Tough year, too hot, and they were shy and in deep timber that was hard to approach silently. Looking forward to some elk sausage from you this winter.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
When I see the name "Gross Res" in the reports section I just feel bad for the person before I even open the thread :D Sounds like you did pretty well though for fishing the graveyard.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, I know,..Gross is aptly named. However, I go back for many reasons,..close to home,..lakers and kokanee,...always a shot at a tiger musky, I have seen some 3 and 4 footers swimming,...beats the heck out of staying home.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Anyone ever caught or heard of a decent mack of 10 pounds or better out of there? I know it's extremely steep and has no littoral zone, thus is pretty infertile, a lot like Ruedi Reservoir out here in the west.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Those turkeys are normally 5-7 mi E in residential area there ..., I went there in Sep, and what I thought were schools of rainbows, turned out to be 2nd year kokes, 8-9"rs, tasted
really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts