Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go back to gross this morning arrived there about 10:00 fished the northwest corner of the lake by about 10:30 had two fish on the stringer one was caught on a zip lure and other on a Kasty. My wife decide to use the bobber and worm method before i knew it she had caught 4 fish within about a 40min time spand she made up my mind once again for so i decided to switch methods finshed the rest of the day useing bob & worm. We ended up catching 16 fish between 14 and 18 in. I must say it was a good way to spend the afternoon with the wife. ;) Im just glad i didnt catch another skunk ;D what a good area it was nice not to be combat fishing!!! Will post pics when i can recruit the help of my wife. fished from 10-1 not bad for three hours cany wait to go back next time we are gonna rent a canoe for the day :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were all rainbows I was forced to keep a couple of em due to a bad hook set :'( the good thing about it was they were all pink ??? I must say they pretty tastey for being my first colo. trout. are there alot of lakers in there? I have never caught one before and im looking forward to catching my first one. thanks James

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't know if there are a lot but they are in there and i'm sure there are some monsters. That lake is very deep and underfished. Fishhard was telling me that one day many years back he caught a bunch of decent size ones. Decent being two and three pounders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts