Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I understand, beginning on Memorial Day there will be non-motorized boats allowed on Gross Reservoir and that includes yadda yadda and such and such.... My question is and correct me if I'm wrong:

No trailored boats(?)

Or is it trailor cannot touch the water(?)

- - - Getting to the point - - - So what if I drove with my trailored boat up there (because that's the only way I can get this boat around) with a buddy and just did the carry in from the parking lot? Would I be in trouble for that? I mean, of course I'm planning to row with my weak little arms around the lake, but is it a big deal if the park authorities see my trailor attached to the truck in the parking lot?

What's your thoughts, members???

Oh yeah, thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and one more thing.... Where the heck around there is a parking space that's close enough to the shoreline (that's not cliff diving material) that I can, with some help, carry in a bare bones aluminum 12 footer with ease?

·
Registered
103 Posts
i gotta think its no trailers in contact with the water, probably no body contact either, I will check my atlas and get some directions that get you form the highway to the south side of the dam where you would park to get to the inlet, the road goes all the way down into the water, depending on water levels

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - Chef

I'll be looking forward to the info.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey, man, I read the report in detail. They don't want trailers at all, period, because there isn't enough room to park them. The boat has to be brought in on top of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pescado loco said:
Hey, man, I read the report in detail.  They don't want trailers at all, period, because there isn't enough room to park them.  The boat has to be brought in on top of the car.
Thanks..... (Sigh)...... DAGGGG - GUMMMITTTT!!!!

Well.. I guess that's an excuse to go buy an inflatable raft!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Either that or the cheaper alternative which is the Fish Hunter....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Iron Chief is right, though. The best access is on the southwest parking area. When the water rises, it will be just a few steps. There is also a boat access area on the north side, but I am told the hike is about a quarter of a mile.

·
Registered
472 Posts
How many folks think Gross Res will be an absolute zoo on Memorial Day? I might go just to witness the carnage and laugh as the occassional intoxicated boater tips over.

But I'm also willing to bet that some of those isolated coves will have some great fish!

Tough question: I have a one man pontoon boat with the floor board kit. Does this get me past the No Body Contact regulation?

Thanks in adavance and appreciate you folks putting up with me here. ;D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can assure you this. I have a inside source who expressed his concern with the new regulations at Gross and explained to me that they (law enforcement) will be in force to insure no rules will be broken or bent for a long time. The area is actually a security risk because of the outcome to Boulder and the surrounding area if the damn had a problem, like braking.
Be VERY, VERY careful, they will be watching everyone very close.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't know the answer to the pontoon boat question. I do know that float tubes are not allowed, so maybe some ranger will just say that it's a float tube, and no can use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts