Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked the wife into going upto gross for a pic-nic and some fishing ;) rfor our anniversery. This time we decided to rent a canoe for 50$ for the whole day. well we finally got on the water by 11:00 am hence the name burn-n-daylight. so we decide to go back to the inlet i think it was Boulder creek not real sure but any way started out tossing some rapalas and nothing then decided to go deep with a worm and salmon egg and caught my first laker ;D 17in and skinny but i didnt care. then that was it for about 2 hours so we decided to go search the lake for a new spot and found another inlet on the opposite side of the lake and finally found the fish ended up catching 9 fish all bows which were all C&R. found some real good spots up there i just wish they allowed elec. trolling motors due to my sore back and arms :(. but overall it was a great way to spend our 1st anniversry together next time im not gonna go so far paddling a canoe. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary! I know what you mean about "burning daylight" I have to tell my wife we are leaving half an hour or more before we actually need too otherwise we are totally late. (she will be late for her own funeral)

Dan

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice job. my wife would never go fishing on our anniversary. probably has something to do with being december ;D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry no pics camra batery was dead :mad: but the lady that we got the canoe from had a couple of pics of a guy who just caught a 20lb 42in tiger out of there it was a beatiful fish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts