Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Osprey Point area. Did not have luck until we moved north where the reservoir narrows with steep canyon walls. My buddy and i caught a dozen lakers from 10" - 20" in 65 FOW using green tubes with fish meat. They were caught between 10:00 and 12:00.

·
Registered
85 Posts
were you ice fishing? and is thier another access besides the ones near the dam? A couple of months back I dragged my gas auger, sled and a bucket all the way down the forest road near the dam, just to turn around and walk all the way back up! >:D The ice was to thin for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We iced it. ice was 8 -10" with random openings in the ice that Gross is known for. we did bring casting gear because we didn't know what to expect. it was my first time ice fishing Gross.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what i could see it all looked iced over. we drove the road to the north side parking and it was frozen. Do you ever catch muskie thru the ice up there?
or any lakers of any size?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Never iced it yet, tried earlier when we had that deep freeze week but the darn wind broke up all the ice quick. There is a good number of lakers in there and huge muskie but they don't like me. I had something snap my pole though last time using a whole dead sucker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts