Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the ice off Gross yet? I was thinking about going Saturday. Has anyone been fishing yet? This is a good time for the browns and maybe the kokanne if the ice is out the spring run off has started.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been going to Gross steady for about 10 years. Even during the drought years I caught fish. It has been 3 years since I caight my last brown. Last year I caught a few splakes and kokanee from the shore on the left side of the dam. Yellow seems to work well for the ures and katmasters in silver works on certian days. As always salmn eggs if you want stockers and lately orange powerbait.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do most of my fishing across from that point. Around June the tigers will be next to shore and the browns will come up into the spot next to the small jetty.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have only caught lakers about half way to the dam on the left as you face the dam. It has a large outcropt of rocks that seam to go out forever. They have what look like fresh water shrimp and crawdads. I usally use kastmasters or sucker meat from the shore their. Someday I will try fishing form a boat. I have lost some nice fish from that spot. Their is a concrete structure on shore next to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.