Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Gross Reservoir

Tags
gross
5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  MAC_HUNTER 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how the ice (if there is any) is at Gross?

#6 ·
heard those stories so many times it makes me laugh, heard that about green mountain also unless your drilling three feet from shore I doubt your going to have a problem, like ive said ive been there numerous times and never ran into this but ive always drill
ed my holes out away from the bank. as always use caution and common sense and you should be fine

#14 ·
I personally did not make it but had two friends that did they drilled there holes through about six inches of hardback snow and then four inches of clear ice and low and behold the water was at the bottom of their holes, they fished anywhere between 25 and 80 fow and caught fish typical gross lakers small and skinny had no problems getting on or off ice

#24 ·
We fished Gross yesterday. There was about 10 inches of good ice everywhere we fished. The lake is dropping pretty fast and there is lots of slab ice all around the edges. We got on and off at the boat ramp. When we left at about 2:00pm there was lots of open water where we had gotten on in the morning. We had to climb up the slabs to get off the lake. The wind and sun was really warming up the rocks along the edges which was causing the edges to open up a bit. The fishing was good everywhere we fished and we caught lakers non stop for several hours.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.