Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and looking forward to being part of this!! I am going to Gross Reservoir this weekend and have never been there. I was wondering if someone could give me a couple tips and tricks for a good shore spot for spin casting for trout. Im trying to put a kid on some fish. Thank you so much in advance

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and looking forward to being part of this!! I am going to Gross Reservoir this weekend and have never been there. I was wondering if someone could give me a couple tips and tricks for a good shore spot for spin casting for trout. Im trying to put a kid on some fish. Thank you so much in advance
Gross is tough from shore. Better places to take kids if you just want to get them on fish. My family and I were just at Pinewood for a camping trip. Lots of stocked trout willing to eat anything shiny there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gross is tough from shore. Better places to take kids if you just want to get them on fish. My family and I were just at Pinewood for a camping trip. Lots of stocked trout willing to eat anything shiny there.
Thank you sooooo much

·
Registered
636 Posts
To add to what troutbiscuits said, I have slid and fallen and gross many times and I am usually stable on my feet, it can be dangerous and not worth it to get skunked.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you go to gross the dam and inlet have some stockers usually. Inlet is a bit of a hike and steep in areas. You can walk down to the north dam corner from the first parking lot you hit or drive down the hill and over s. boulder creek to the south side of the damn. The inlet is the end of the road. St. Vrain in Longmont is likely another good action option in the area but I don’t fish it. Early and late with the heat are best bets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts