Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ice on gross is not present this year and my buddy that lives there said the little ice that is there is not safe.. but great bank fishing with trout bait or worms... :eek:

·
Registered
413 Posts
agreed they should post it in the paper it would make fishing below the damn easier to predict as well

I was there it must have been every bit of 30ft low if not close to 50ft
I've had buddies and family camped out on the back side with water 20ft (vertical) below the tent. to wake up and see it only a foot or two crazy! needs to be posted in the paper.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Imagine that much of a change with ice... I think I'd sh*t myself if I walked out there and drilled a hole, and seen any air underneath. Then again there are usually 5000 people out there. So if they're good, I think I may be too. heh

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Slimer said:
Imagine that much of a change with ice... I think I'd sh*t myself if I walked out there and drilled a hole, and seen any air underneath.
The_Mad_Catter did just that, said the water was far anough below the ice he took off.

·
Registered
413 Posts
off topic
shadow mnt. was like that one year drilled a hole it was ice water ice air ice water ice water

scarey stuff! jang fished it crazy little guy ;D

·
Registered
516 Posts
MrJiggs said:
Urban legend... you can't have a giant air gap then water 10 feet below. That is stupid.
I have to agree. The weight of the ice alone would drop it down to water level, unless it is a drastic water drop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts