Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to imagine that gross is frozen solid. -14 in pinecliffe now. That temperature up ther hasn't been above freezing for nine days. Anyone have any info about this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
last weekend osprey, the narrows and the main lake were open water and there was only 3 inches of ice one bend away from the inlet. I won't trust it

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
your best bet is to check it out yourself, if you listen to others posting saying its no good your going to kick yourself in the ass when you find out its ok. on more than one occasion I've had that happen to me. just a couple weeks ago there were reports that there was no ice on the lakes up north. luckily i have a friend who lives up there and we enjoyed five inches of solid ice and no one on the lake.even if you get up there and find the main lake is open with a little walk you'll fine ice around the bend thats fishable. good luck be careful.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend if mine that lives up there said it is solid as far as he could see from the south hilltop he lives on. I guess I will take a ride.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Be careful if you get out there. Might wanna give tge edges a good tap with a spud bar just to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts