Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who uses these and what kind have ya'll used also kind of dumb but how often during the day do you put a new one on? weird i know just interested in what people think of these i used the purple/black ones tonite and caught a couple small bass well thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've caught some nice walleye's on the Berkley Power Grubs. The only worms that seem to work are the ones that come from the ground.

·
Registered
107 Posts
used a bunch of em on SMB in canada a few weeks ago.....

my freind I were even one PM for a few hours.... funny thing was we could get em on bait. live and arti. but they were not taking CB like years past....

Black or green/char combo both worked well.

types: minnow, grubs, tubes (for smaller fish) (I did not have any big tubes with me.)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I too use them and like them alot.

Free Tip: Make sure you close the bag or we'll have some rock candy gulp baits,

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice thanks i will remember that. do you have a color you tend to lean towards or just try different ones. some old timers up here in ft.collins told me that green is the color to use around and i got into my tackle and wouldn't you know it no green lures grubs or even bait have to gho get some

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got some Nice bass on the four inch watermelon minnow worm and a four inch turtle back worm in pumpkinseed.and i put a new one on there after one or two fish.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys i have had a real rough summer fishing and althought they were all small bass they were fish and i am hooked on these i am going out this weekend and i will pick up some diff. size and colors

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I like the Gulp 3" minnows and the worms. I change after every 2 to 3 fish because they get torn easily.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I used these alot. 6 inch nightcrawlers, and 4 inch turtle back worms. Color I've found varies at different places. I can try all sorts of colors at F.E. ponds, but as soon as I put natural on I have luck. At P-xing, it's green (pumpkin). I've had good luck w/ brighter colors at other places.
Since the DOW may be changing its rules. I've been trying other plastics. Zoom, and Wave worms have been producing for me.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i picked up a couple bags of the gulp minows in chartruse/white and silver/white with the intent to catch some walleye but havent got back to the lake yet. and man your right about closeing the bag they dry up rock hard

·
Registered
107 Posts
yeah they will dry out ....

yeah green seems to work a lot of places , but black seems to work well...

try the mister twister stuff sometime if you are sick of glup stuff....

it produced as well as glup when the last time I was fishing.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
And take them off your jig hook after using them...or you wont get the bodies off the jig short of a tin snips or blow torch!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I've tried various Gulp minnows... So far with no luck. But alot of it matters on technique location and conditions so its hard.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i haven't tried the minnows i was using the 7in worm so i will look more i saw these on the shelf heard someone in here talking about them and really i just grabbed a bag so i will go today and actually look at them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts