Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has tried the Gulp chicken livers. There is no question that Gulp baits are great, I also love fishing chicken liver for catfish. I have a hard time keeping the liver on the hook, I finally started using rubber bands to remedy this. But Gulp livers are suppose to be alot tougher, and I was thinking if they stay on the hook better I could switch to circle hooks when fishing liver. Has anyone given these a try and had any luck?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I tried them at Adams County Fairgrounds last year, had a few bites on them, didn't hook anything. Didn't hook anything on anything else that day either so i'd say they were n par with crawlers and stinkbait that day. They stay on the hook great. i'd maybe use a half of one of you're looking for pan sized cats. They're about the consistency of any other plastic worm, maybe a little softer, but definitely better than real livers.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kewl, I can see I will have to fish one rod with real and one with gulp. But this will have to be done with 2 people since my catfishing hole you can barily keep the cats (12-15 inchers) off your bait after it hits the water.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beerman said:
I'll volunteer to hold one of em epic. ;D
Its on a military post so you'll have to buy an extra 20$ liscense.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
most of the military ponds you wouldnt want to eat them anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts