Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are planning a Gunnison fly fishing/camping trip for mid june. Never fished the area, and would like a suggestion or two about good streams and campgrounds. Not looking for anyone's honey holes! My home streams are in and around the roaring fork valley. Would be glad to be of help if I can.
Roy :thumb:

·
Registered
131 Posts
gunnison

Well where do I begin,first you have the taylor river up to the dam.The 1/8 mile section below the dam is the trophy water,fish up to 20 lbs possibly more,heavily fished in the summer but what a shot at a monster fish.Then you have the Gunnison river from almont to blue mesa,the neversink and coopers ranch access areas are my favorite.The east river is pretty good,also at the roaring judy hatchery is 4 big ponds to fish from.Almont has cabins,the taylor river road has a lot of forest service campgrounds too.Been fishing up there for 30+years,but the fryingpan and upper roaring fork are my favorite rivers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
gunnison

I live in Buena vista and am frequently found there on the weekends,when I'm not on the fryingpan or Gunnison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts