Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! I have very similar jigs I use for ice fishing.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Thanks..

They are Woolly Bugger streamers in size 10 olive with a bead head.

Streamers are the fly fishing equivalent to jerk baits.

I’m a reaction bite guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool! I guess I don't have similar jigs. :D Mine are hand tied marabou jigs (1/64 to 1/32).

·
Registered
585 Posts
Pistol, how do you like that rod? I have a Pro4x that I have put through the ringer and am looking to get a new 5wt. I do not want to pay the dough for the NRX, but could maybe justify the extra 100 or so for that IMX if it was a good stick? By the way, those are some great pics of brookies, nice work!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pistol, how do you like that rod? I have a Pro4x that I have put through the ringer and am looking to get a new 5wt. I do not want to pay the dough for the NRX, but could maybe justify the extra 100 or so for that IMX if it was a good stick? By the way, those are some great pics of brookies, nice work!

It’s a very nice dry fly rig and works well with a dry/ dropper or lighter nymph rig, effortless to cast.

Streamers I’m chunking and can get about 45 ft out, maybe more if my timing is perfect . I have to really work it using streamers and a dedicated 6 weight is on my budget list( probably an Orvis Recon)

A better caster could probably do better.

I tried an AirFlo WF4 first but switched to a size and a half Scientific Anglers Amplitude Boost and that woke it up a lot and I can feel it load much more.

To answer your question, yes I like it a lot, that Loop reel by the way I’m pretty pleased with too, it’s the new Loop Q.

If you go with the IMX Pro, I’d highly recommend over-lining it.

Just my humble opinions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I think I might go throw one around a little to see if I like it. I have a pretty good collection of rods and every reel I have is spooled with SA line. Best on the market in my opinion!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts