Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of selling a few guns to fund other purchases.

First will be a Walther PPS 9mm with under a hundred rounds through it. Excellent shape with case. $500

Second will be a Ruger LCR .38/.357 magnum with roughly a hundred rounds through it and crimson trace laser grip. Excellent shape.
$550

I will be asking that we meet at an FFL to do the transaction as apparently that is what the new laws require.

PM me if you have interest.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
New laws won't work without complete registration of all guns.

Stupid law.

Thanks Pete. I'm not debating gun laws here. I'm selling guns and when my name is registered to a weapon and a law passes telling me the transaction goes through a FFL and my name taken off the firearm that is what I am going to do.
Plain and simple.

I don't disagree however.

Both guns are sold pending funds.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
You registered your guns?
If they were bought from an 01 FFL holder (a firearms dealer) rather than through a private party sale, then there is a paper trail associated with the serial number of said weapon along with his name, address and drivers license or ID and possibly social security number via form 4473 from the BATF, further the 01 dealer's bound book also has a record of the transaction. The bound book is what the BATF has the right to inspect from any 01 FFL holder at any time they desire.

Technically the NICS check is supposedly destroyed after an approval or denial, but the bound book is always around.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10-4 sir

Sorry Smellz, we sort of hi jacked your thread, but at least your getting bumps to sell that sweet Ruger...wish I had the dough, I'd take her off your hands.

No worries, and you are correct. Both weapons bought from a dealer therefor there is a paper trail.

I will follow the new law even though I don't agree with it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
only official government sanctioned people need throwdown weapons. Most of us make clean kills...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I will bump it again. As a former Gun Shop owner, when I left the business back in the 70's all prior sales, and all 4473's went nowhere. Never got a request to turn them over. So from Manufacture, to distributors, to my shop, ended the paper trail. I'm sure that has now changed, as it should.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts