Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys could use some help with this one...my grandma called me today and said she would like to fish one last time. Any lakes that have really good access for a wheel chair with good fishing also . It would kinda suck to have the last time fishing with my grandma and get the skunk ...the only place i can think of is quincy but im not sure she could cast out over and over again with a lure ......

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
O'haver lake has some good fishing for good sized trout and has a handicap dock like thing kinda like a porch on the water it is west of salida near poncha pass

is this to far?

when were you planning the trip, might give me a good excuse to go pre fish it for you?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sometime this weekend ....where is o'haver....thank for the help

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Georgetown Lake has a handicap pier...however fishing is hit and miss...The good thing about that spot is the river channel goes right by the pier so you might hook onto some cruisers.

TH

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
here is a link to a map of the area the lake is dead center and you can see salida in the upper right corner salida is on hwy 50 west of pueblo and almost due south of bunea vista/lead ville you can zoom in/out on this map to get a better idea

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
  Pikes Peak has three lakes, Crystal, South Catamount and North Catamount. North Catamount lake has a handicap access ramp to the floating dock.
  Problem is the lake is artificial lures only. Skunk is possible, but the lakes and views are nice.
  Views of the landscape is terrrific and all Grandpa's need a trip up the Peak.
  Another good access is Lake  Beckwith. Its about three miles West of I-25 in Colorado City.  Its a nice size city lake with a Trout, Bass and Cats.
  Or bite the bullet and get a guide and a boat.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Or bite the bullet and get a guide and a boat.
Yeah if you were going to do that...I thought I saw the marina at Boyd rents smaller pontoons...something that you could drive a wheel chair out on...since it might be his last time...might be kind of special...and Boyd has been fishing decently lately...Johnny might zero you in on some of his spots...might be out of your price range though...Ihave no idea of the cost...might need a reservation on the weekends for rentals...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Fishingguiters --- I would try St. Vrain (formally Barbor Ponds) Longmont . It's ussually pretty productive for Trout. It has 4 handicap accsessable docks w/ rod holders.

There is also wheelchair accsess to the Big Thompson a little ways up 36. (from Loveland to Estes)

Waldon looks decent, but check first. They have some strange rules. You may not be able to fish w/ her. I know it's more important for her to be fishing, but if she wants to go to fish w/ you?

Aurora has a nice handicap dock. Last time I was there, I caught an 18 inch Rainbow of it.
Best of luck to you and your Grandma,
James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts