Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left work and thought I was going to dodge lightning bolts...went with my friend Tom...got there around 7 pm...Tom had some new stinkbait he wanted to try for Cats...I had one pole rigged with bait for cats/saugeyes...casting a huge gold Bucktail to imitate the carp that are in there...casted my arm off and nothing...it did manage to make me miss the three great bites I had on bait...Tom meanwhile missed a couple of hits on his stinky stuff while messing with lures...his choice was a smaller plug in hopes of bass or a musky...he did hook a fish while I was watching from above it was right by shore...I saw it pike shape...and it got off...I thought it might be a small musky...later I would be not so sure...well a half an hour later he hooked another one...got it in...a 20 incher...but much to my surprise...a Northern Pike...I thought only Muskies were in there...wonder if the bucket biologists have been at it again...and I grew up catching Northerns...it was clearly a Northern Pike...not a tiger Musky...so surprised were we...we were wimpy...got chased by a pouring rain around 9:30...not a great night catching...but an eye opener...informationally anyway...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Atleast you guys managed to get one in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts