Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Harriman around 7pm and fished until 9pm...almost immediately I caught two largemouth bass on a size 5 Rainbow bladed Blue Fox. A one pounder a two pounder...also had about 10 catfish hits on shrimp and caught 3 (9 inches, 14 inches, and 16 inches)...they were the size cm29 uses for bait!...still trying to figure out those circle hooks...later I did remember catmann29s suggestion on leaving more of the hook barb exposed and it did work better...so thanks cm29...a nice evening...you can feel fall and ugh winter coming in the air...I know a bunch of you cant wait for first ice...but I am definately a boy of summer...and we are due for a bad or long winter one of these years... :-[

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Those are some nice sized eating cats did you keep them? Thankfully its getting warmer this weekend... still trying to talk the woman into going camping one last time this year, I dont know what happened to the summer but it was way to short.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I let everything go...as my kiddo says...bass taste like a$$...one of these nights I will keep some Cats for the oven...and I wont be able to catch any...

Epic...keep the two state parks down by Trinidad and Walsenburg in mind...they stay warm a lot later with no people and have showers...some wide varieties of fish too...she would be warm camping down there...I know it sounds bad but they have electrical...take an extension cord and space heater for when she has to dress in the morning and she will follow you anywhere!...the end justifies the means...you might get to go camping a few more times with a little effort...

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Ok, the thing ZMan is not telling you is all of his success last night at Harriman was due to me.

I got there around 6pm and had a minor incident that caused me to leave early. I saw Zman as I was loading up. I told him he would have a good night fishing especially since I had to leave.

So give credit where credit is due!

Dan

PS I chummed the lake for him before he got there! ;)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Terre

His chumming was that he was bleeding all over the place from slipping and falling on the rocks...they are little and they move at Harriman...treacherous...

He is one tough dude...offered to take him to the emergency room but he got himself there...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dan, sounds like my fishing drinking days in the army... Up all night with the buddies each with a couple poles in huddled around the campfire drinking. Then ding ding ding, from the bells on someones pole. (ever seen a bunch of drunk GIs running to there poles in the middle of the night ?) I feel for ya Dan I feel for ya.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Epic, I wish it was that exciting. Unfortunately I was just stepping from one rock to another on the rip rap, slipped and went down.

Now as for chumming the lake, I really did chum it with "Dan's Special Blood Chum for Catfish". The cut was not that large but it bled pretty good.

I don't know what was worse, slipping and falling, the fact i tossed my rod 5 feet into the water when I fell or the fact I only had a line in the water for maybe 5 minutes when it happened and then Zman shows up and has a decent night fishing........

Dan

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know what was worse, slipping and falling, the fact i tossed my rod 5 feet into the water when I fell or the fact I only had a line in the water for maybe 5 minutes when it happened and then Zman shows up and has a decent night fishing........
You outfished me the time before...it was punishment for putting a curse on Terre and myself?!

After all and I nearly quote...who said we needed a blood sacrifice?...looks like we got one from and unintended source...fishing was good...the moon was full (I have never fished well during a full moon except for walleyes)...looks like the curse is over!

Hear that Terre?...put on your fishing shoes and go catch a lunker Granby Lake Trout...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Zman,

Zowwie, great news! Not Dan's injuries and blood loss, just that the curse is over. I'm still worried though, about some smart-alick comment, slipping off your key board and dooming us again.

Terre

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still worried though, about some smart-alick comment, slipping off your key board and dooming us again.
Oh that is rich...can you say "pot" "kettle"

geeZ!!!

:p

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
TL said:
zman said:
You outfished me the time before...it was punishment for putting a curse on Terre and myself?!

After all and I nearly quote...who said we needed a blood sacrifice?...looks like we got one from and unintended source...fishing was good...the moon was full (I have never fished well during a full moon except for walleyes)...looks like the curse is over!

Hear that Terre?...put on your fishing shoes and go catch a lunker Granby Lake Trout...
The next time we need a blood sacrifice (intentional or not) Either Terre or Zman can provide it!

Dan

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan,

I didn't thank you, Thank you!!!!

Zman,

Yeah, you have a point, the kettle calling the pot black thing. I am so sorry! The last six hours I have been in consultation with a professional regarding the poking fun at Dan thing. Unfortunately, there is not much they can do to help me.

Terre

1 - 15 of 15 Posts