Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harriman from around 630 till 830.

Beautiful evening, quite a few other people fishing there. Not much catching.

Put a chunk of shrimp on the bottom for cats nothing. tossed various lures nothing. Finally started catching crawfish out of the rocks while I had a minnow under a slip bobber (about 2 feet down) Got a single 10 inch crappie.

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
man a ten inch crappie is a nice fish. but i still find it wierd that here we run into singles back home if you found 1 you would catch a bunch of them.

M

·
0 Posts
Better one than none. I think we are having an extended catfishing season bevcause of the warm weather. I want to try for them one more time before it actually gets chilly.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
mustang, if you can make it down to brush hollow they were doing pretty good on eating sized cats the other day

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
take 115 south out of the springs bout 30 mi then just as you get to the town of penrose look for the sign (brown sign just says brush hallo) and turn right and then about 1/4 to half mile to the first entrance and turn right at the big green SWA sign then up a mile or so there is a (ussualy there) small "boat ramp" sign just affter you crest a hill and start down into a valley turn left here and youll see the lake in a few hundres yards . if you dont turn at the first big green SWA sign you can go another 1/2 mile or so and turn right just before the speed limit goes from 30ish to 55 at the second big green SWA sign, about 1/4 mile up this youll go thru a "gate" bare right and follow to the dam area

if you need more specifics i can look up street names for ya

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish they would. It would be so nice to take my canoe out. Unfortunately you limited to shore access.

Dan

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the imagry ... A 10" crappie makes me hungry for fish fillets, eggs, and tators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts