Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished with Joe (PuebloWiperman) a newby who needs to be encouraged to post more...Joe has gotten a couple of very respectable Northern Pike out of there on topwater...loves his topwater...he can cast them for hours and really fishes hard...oh well back to the evening.....it was a really bad day at work...left early...was going to go for a drive until Joe called...got to Harriman around 5...we started on opposite sides casting our arms off for pike and muskies...nada...I think we need todays cold snap badly...Joe struck first around dark with a 17 inch largemouth on a Jointed Rapala crawdad looking thing...

I then chased it a whopper...stand back...about a 5 inch channel cat that was looking for the Thanksgiving turkey of shrimp about the size of his head...it was just on I didnt even know it was on...

Next up was Joe again...this time the twin his first one a 17 inch largemouth on a leech under a bobber slowly reeled in on very dark moonless night...we sure tried to kill ourselves running around in the dark on those rocks...scrambling for the net...and love those deer in the headlights photos since your eyes dont know when the flash is coming with the corneas wide open in the dark...

And last but not least...another cat on shrimp...when I set the hook all hell broke loose...we thought he was much bigger but he was a respectable hair over 24 inches...

And the Michael Jackson (hee hee...grabs anatomy) gloves got in the picture again...sorry I have been stung too many times in the dark and it took me 20 years to do something about it...

We also casted assorted diving walleye lures after dark with no luck...some day I will figure those fish out in there...

all in all an excellent evening...

PETA note...all fish and fisherman were released alive...no animals were hurt in the filming of this adventure...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice cat Z

F

·
0 Posts
Great post !!!!like always looking forward to more in the future from you and joe the newbie

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harriman is at Quincy and Kipling...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Z,

Great job!! I think you have figured out those cats there so well that the catfish have put hit on you. No really hear me out....next time you fish there whear a helmet we have heard through the fireline vine that a jumping / flying carp with a steel jaw has come in from the mighty Mississipi river to jump at you and inflict damage next time they see you out there so BE CAREFUL! We now knight you sirzman of catfishingham and rename the lake Harrzman reservoir. J/K great work again my firend!!

TH

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Great looking fish guys!!!! Becareful on the rocks!!

M

·
0 Posts
great report, great fish, reat night, kipling and quincy, not toooom far, im going! haha, awesome, i love it

the peta note is unecessary, nobody on here really gives a **** about peta.....terrorists

1 - 14 of 14 Posts