Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met Zman this evening for a couple of hours of exciting fishing action at Harriman.  The only problem was, it did not happen.  Zman was busy trying to catch little blugill for wiper bait (I really think he was practicing for the smallest fish contest) and not doing too well.  It seems most of the bluegills inhabiting the rocks have disappeared over the last week or so. 

I was busy treading with trepidation down the rocks hoping to avoid another fall, casting pretty much everything I had. Nothing, nada, zilch, goose egg, el skunkeroo, shut out, etc, etc. etc.  We both had a second line in the water, me with a minnow Zman had a........heck I don't know what he had. After a sufficient time I switched to a shrimp tail on the bottom. Same results as above.

Ok to make a long story short it seems every time we get together at Harriman to fish we do terrible.  I think it is all his fault.  For some reason he will fish with someone else and post great pictures but when he fishes with me little if anything.

So I think we need a new blood sacrifice to make the fishing good for us.  After all I made one a few weeks ago that has had positive effects for Zman. He needs to make one for me.

If any one is willing to help me extract a sufficient quantity of blood from Zman for the sacrifice let me know. I will let you know when and where.  (Don't let Zman see this thread)  Ordinarily I would not condone violence like this but extreme circumstances call for extreme measures.

The highlight of our evening was seeing a pike nailing small bluegill right at the shore at sunset.  Zman tossed a bluegill under a bobber to him but got bit off. It was not our night, again.

Dan

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
Hmmmmm...I catch fish there by myself...

I catch fish there with Joe...

I catch fish there with Dennis...

I catch fish there with Tom...

I smell the strong odor of Pepe LePew when I go with Dan...

Hmmmmmm what is the common fiber that seeems to be the problem here?...<queues Jeopardy theme>

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Re: Harriman 10-14, aka The Curse of Zman and Dan or another blood sacrifice nee

Dan,

I am so sorry I thought it was you that cast the curse. I too have been feeling its effects. No one will fish with me any more, i think its fear of acquiring the "bad smell"!
Kala Vene sits high and dry, waiting for a short swim and for fisherfolk who don't smell bad.

Ter

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Haha, zman is much bigger then me I think you are on your own for that blood sacrifice man.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Terre,  Zman may look and sound innocent but most people who practice "dark arts" are like that.  Normally I would not condone any violence but in order to preserve and protect fishing throughout Colorado I will get a blood sacrifice from him and break the curse that has affected both you and me.  I will do this before the curse spreads further and affects others like Slayer, Mattsabasser, Pete, Walking Eagle etc.  It is not their fault that Zman has brought this curse upon us.

FatFish,  I can usually tell the difference between skunks and bluegill.  Bluegill are scaly right?  Its been a while since I have seen decent fish due to the curse I have to conlsult the internet to be sure.

Dan

PS,  Epic thanks for the "help", you should be careful the curse could hit you next!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: Harriman 10-14, aka The Curse of Zman and Dan or another blood sacrifice nee

Whoa!!!!! I didn?t even realize that I was in danger. I better do something about this right now. Here are the instructions for breaking the curse, as handed down from my great aunt, who was reputed to be a witch. At least her husband thought so.

BREAKING THE CURSE OF THE SKUNK
Go at night to the stream or lake where the curse first manifested itself. During the waxing phase of the moon is the best time, which, coincidentally, is right now. On the way, you must pick up a dead skunk from the roadside, the closer to the lake the better. Go to the edge of the water and light a fire, and put the skunk on it. While the skunk is burning, kick it four times with your left foot and recite the following:

?Let my bad luck spell reverse, remove from me this awful curse.?

Then drink one-half bottle of milk of magnesia, and go home without speaking to anyone.

The curse will leave you by morning, and when it happens you will know it.

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
It is not their fault that Zman has brought this curse upon us.
...huh...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhtttttttttt...ervyone I go with catches fish...sometimes more than me...even you on the previous occasion before Harriman...Slayer is alien...curses dont work on them...

Walking Eagle...milk of magnesia ought to take care of "Dan's full of it condition"...his eyes have even turned brown...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts