Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was a moron...I went fishing today...I need serious help...at least I overslept...got to Harriman at 9:15...threw big bucktails and plugs...floated a minnow under a bobber at the same time...it was way cold and wet...kept telling myself it was basic training for November at Spinney...I did not see a fish...not even a bluegill in the rocks...I did manage to walk most of the dam without breaking my neck...fished it until about 11am...decided I hadnt hadnt been stuuuuuuupid enough and headed for  Evergreen Lake...the storm had to trigger the tigers right?...well I parked at the new Lakehouse on the far end...fished the backside of the lake to the dam with a big Rainbow Vibrax Spinner...not one hit...not one follow...was wearing Polarized glasses...the snow was side ways at times...took a second rod with a bobber...errrrr strike indicator and a nymph and dead drifted it for trout...spent 3 hours casting to the dam and back...not one fish...did not see one fish...they had about 4 to 6 inches of snow slop!...man I was like a popsicle by the time I was done...mid calf down was soaked...boots and socks soaked...and no fish...oh well...here are some scenery type pictures...it beat being at work...I think... ???

and another one...

and last not least a warm one from the Arizona desert...come back summer!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
any day of fishing is better than work. nice pictures zman

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If you went out today at all, that puts you one up on me. Now I suppose I'll have to go out in the middle of a blizzard or something, just to catch up and restore my fisherman's self esteem.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Reminds me of a past trip to the Frying Pan during the middle of February... I feel your pain man. Excellent pics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Zman you are one craaazzzyyy fisherman.
Makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one.
I can never keep my promise to myself when I say "this is the last cast".lol

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
At least I can claim to be smarter than Z. I was going to meet him at Harriman today, in fact I went by the lake but did not see his truck. So I went home. I was not about to get out and freeze my butt off by myself!

Sorry you did not catch anything Z, but just think how peaceful it was....

Dan

F

·
0 Posts
nice pics z ...today was a great day to be out....if nothing else your that many casts closer to your big tiger muskie !!!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Zman,

Wow, dedicated!!!

The skunk smells really bad in cold wet weather. It kinda comes back to life if you know what I mean. (if you owned a dog that got sprayed, you will know).

Wow, strong!!!

Ter

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
zman you rule... I got up to go fishing and when I saw the snow I was like, blah next time. Wish you would of caught one ore two for me. :p

·
Registered
943 Posts
i had my best day of fishing in a blizzard. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts