1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 crappie
2 big blue gill
1 WALLEYE(15")

used minnows(thanks walking eagle for the hooking lesson)
worms
jig

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ... kipling and quincy .... littleton

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is real close. I am going to have to give it a shot now. Is it big enough to get a boat on? What did you catch that eye on?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no boat ... i think?!? but i fished from shore. caught it on a minnow and a slip bobber(fluke .... meant for crappie).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Where on the lake were you fishing? Also, i can't see your pics. I would love to to try and settle this whole walleye / saugeye business. Try to re paste the link to your pictures. Usually this happens when you rearange your picture sharing program. Try and repaste the new location of your pics. I would love to see some proof that there are some walleye out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You're good just about anywhere along the rocks...you just have to be patient and willing to cast your arm off--the fish are there, just have to find them. You might want to bring a bike--it's quite a walk from the main lot. I've parked along Quincy although it says no parking. Never tried the non rocky side...I'm sure it's swimming in blue gills, etc.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
yah, Ive walked around the lake, just never fished it. It can be quite a hike. I know exactly what rocks you speak of. On the west side right? The rest of the lake looks pretty shallow, but might be real nice come sunset. I'll have to try it out.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yuppers, right around sunset is perfect...between 6:30 and 8:00 rocks. Actually the north side isn't too bad but the west side is the best (for me anyways). I think someone mentioned cloudy days vs sunny days and I agree, cloudy, cooler days have been better for me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I appreciate the heads up. It's right up the street from me. . . . . . .sort of. Aren't they all. ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i fixed it

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
right on man. I appreciate it. That sure looks like a walleye to me. Saugeyes have dark splotches all over them. It does'nt look that way in this case.

Thanks for the report!

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, not going to let it die ,huh. well I can't tell from that dorsal in the photo. but it looks like a walleye to me. I've never caught a walleye there. I had the entire stocking report history e-mailed to me, and had spoken to the biologist ,everything said no walleye. Iwould have a real hard time believing some bucket biologist would be able to start a population of reproducing walleye especially in colorado.But hey you'll all be the first to know if I ever catch one there.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
lol sorry, I wanted to know the truth. I had no idea one way or the other, but I definately was curious. Im going to try and get out there tonight. I'll be fishing the rocks if anyone wants to come and say hello. I'll try to find out what they have in this lake. ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts