Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Harriman tonight from 5 until 10:30...tried bait and beat the water to death with Rapalas...walked the length of the dam...nothing and there were two of us...went with a friend from work who is just taking up fishing...he started out using my rods because I had to show him how to put line on his...since he is new to fishing...well from the experience I have a candidate for lowlife story of the year...

I had went with Jeff to get him a rod to go with the reel I had given him...at the time he also picked up a spool of 6 pound trilene green low vis line...well he brought it out there tonight in the same bag from Walmart that he bought it in...we got everything assembled...there was the usual white tape on the spool for holding the line on the new spool...something didnt look right to me right...well it was a 330 yard filler spool...the reel took a 140 yards of 6 pound line...well I get the reel 3/4 full of line and the spool runs out...some lowlife had purchased the spool...filled his reel with line (probably used around 230 yards)...put the tape back on the loose line and took the spool back to Walmart for his refund...I am sure they dont check...Jeff bought the spool and we tried to put it on...I hope whoever did it is reading this...filling your reel and than taking back a $5 spool of line for someone else to buy...I hope they get the skunk for eternity for stealing line!...and the store was in an expensive area of town...pretty sad!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
People never suprise me (returning a spool of line). Glad to new people introduced into fishing. Need to stop bringing the skunk along when you take new people though you are suppose to inspire them. :p

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to stop bringing the skunk along when you take new people though you are suppose to inspire them.
Actually I had taken Jeff and his daughter to Aurora about a month ago and they caught trout...Jeff even caught one about three pounds...we were just bait fishing from a boat...last night he had to do actual casting...I brought a batting helmet for protection...he did fine...it was the first time I have had a bite or strike on lures at Harriman...the cold front must have messed them up...it certainly couldnt have been the fisherman...Trout Hunter showed up...he didnt have any hits either...nice guy except he is a hard core Bronco fan...well everybody has to have their faults... ;D

·
Registered
164 Posts
ive beeen really really busy, but if i do go to harriman i might buy some larger sized panther martins and toss those out, hope fully get me an even bigger bass, i dont think i have the time to fish for cats this month.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TroutHunter and I were wondering about you the other night...wondering if you were ok...good to hear you are just busy and not laid up or something...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts