Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went there last night at about 7pm...two poles one on the bottom with shrimp for cats...trying out circle hooks for the first time...it showed...missed all 3 bites...I think I need a rod that loads better in the tip for the self hook set by the fish...

On the other poles was a big size 5 rainbow bladed Vibrex spinner for Northerns/Muskies...on my third cast had a hit...small fish...but boy was I surprised...a seven inch walleye/saugeye with his mouth totally around all three hooks on the treble...so I am ready to repent my sins for poking fun at Dan's walleye with the DANnel Catfish picture...can I be absolved of my sins?...no more Dan fish cracks...he has direct connections to Mother Nature...

But that was all for the evening...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Catman...I havent yet...there are bluegills all over place...will try it one of these weekends...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Zman,

Oh no!

I have been guilty of that to, poking fun at Dan's fish. Do you think there is any thing we can do to save our selves from the little fish gods?

Terre

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terre,

I am thinking if we take the original walleye picture of Dan that has gotten so much play into photo shop and replacing it with a monster record sized fish...while having some chicken bones, rum, tarot cards, incense, an eight ball, rabbits foot, a winning $3 lotto ticket, various branches and leaves from trees in the background, and OneEyeRed's boat (life jacket) in the room for ambiance (sp?) that would be enought to overturn the curse...after all the Red Sox won the series and beat the Yankees and all they had was the Charles Manson look alike Johnny Damon...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Zman,

I don't have much experience attempting to appease the small fish gods, I will rely on your expertise. Thank you,

Terre

1 - 9 of 9 Posts