Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to fish it today for about three hours. I was working in the area, so I stopped and gave it shot. Pretty little lake, and the water was alot clearer than I had expected. Didn't see very many fish, but I did get one 15" Saugeye before I left, on a 4" Yamamoto grub.

What kinds of fish besides Saugeye are in there? I can't imagine that it could withstand much harvest?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i caught a monster brown and my cousin caught walleye

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Heard that there are northerns in there...saugeye, walleye, trout, carp...caught two small walleyes last week on a crankbait.

D

·
0 Posts
Trere are no walleye in hariman.Only saugeye, The way to tell the difference is looking through the dorsal fin a saugeye has a mottled fin. Kind of darker spots. A walleye has basically one color fin except in the back of the dorsal nearest to the fishes back, it has a black spot.

There are also largemuoth, crappie, ring perch, tiger musky,and catfish. Know the diference on your toothy creatures.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I think I know my fish man...I've caught many walleye and saugeye...a lot different from each, just the same as a wiper and a white bass man. Plus at the main entrance, the board has a list and pictures of the different species in Harriman.

D

·
0 Posts
da_teacher said:
I think I know my fish man...I've caught many walleye and saugeye...a lot different from each, just the same as a wiper and a white bass man.  Plus at the main entrance, the board has a list and pictures of the different species in Harriman.
According to the biologist for the area ,(DOW) no walleye have ever been stocked in harriman.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was at a muskies inc. meeting last year and the Biologist that was speaking at it said they used Harriman as a stocking lake for Walleye,
I've caught probably 200 of them at Harriman over the past eight years and they are Walleye,Saugeye don't have a white spot on their tail.

D

·
0 Posts
Alright it's not that I don't believe, that you guys believe that you have caught walleye there. It's that there are no walleye in there. saugeye and walleye both have white tips on there tails.

Even saugers sometimes have a white tipped tail.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
dogbreath said:
Alright it's not that I don't believe, that you guys believe that you have caught walleye there. It's that there are no walleye in there. saugeye and walleye both have white tips on there tails.

Even saugers sometimes have a white tipped tail.
That doesn't make any sense dude...you're saying that you're not saying that you don't believe that we caught walleye there but then say there are no walleye? Huh?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
doot face the facts ... theres walleye!! eventhough i cought a monster brown out of there, i know theres walleye. everyone that fishes there, besides you, knows there's walleye.

oh and ps .... u made no sense dogbreath!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hes saying that saugeye also have a white tips on the tail, and there may be a case of mistaken identity.  Personally, Im not sure what they have in that lake but saugeye, walleye, they both taste the same.  Is it a catch and release only lake, or can I  harvest my supper?  ;D

P.S I wasnt even in this conversation, but I understood him???????? Lets all take a deep breath. lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
i havent seen walleye but i wouldnt doubt they are in there....  saugeyes for sure though...

and you can keep fish if u want... but i release everything but catfish.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.